- Make sure that you received an email confirmation for your appointment, and double check that the Date and time of your appointment matches with when you think you booked your visit.
- The Sign above the door will read “Optimum Performance Physical Therapy” instead of “Serene Strength Massage”, be aware of this so that you don’t feel lost on the day of your appointment.
- You should also receive an email with a link to complete an online intake form, after you have booked your appointment. This will be a separate email from your booking confirmation email. If you could not complete your intake form online before your visit, it will have to be completed during your massage session, and this will take away time from hands on work. Due to recent changes, your intake form will need to be updated before every visit.
- Clients, as well as therapist, will wear masks or facial coverings when in the office. (These DO NOT need to be N95 masks, as to not take away Personal Protective Equipment from essential workers). Masks are worn in an effort to reduce potential contaminants within the closed environment.
- Appointment times are staggered, with longer time for additional cleaning measures, and to ensure that clients do not come into contact with one another.
- Clients should arrive no earlier than 5 minutes before their scheduled appointment time, and should temporarily wait in their car if they arrive earlier than the 5 minute window.
- Preventative screening questions must be completed on each client’s intake form before every visit, to reduce contact with symptomatic individuals.
- Upon first entry into the building, clients must immediately report to the restroom and wash their hands/wrists with soap and warm water.
- If a client has symptoms, or has been in contact with someone experiencing symptoms or someone that has tested positive, making them unable to pass their screening questions; then their visit must be cancelled, but at no charge to the client, even if it breaks the 24 hour cancellation window. Re-booking will only be allowed when it is deemed safe, and outside of the infection window.
- All contact surfaces will be cleaned between clients, including light switches, door handles, payment processors, counters, tables, seats, etc.
- I will continue to wash my hands and arms before every client and after every client, with additional use of hand sanitizer when sharing contact surfaces during checkout or check-in.
- Soiled Laundry will be stored in a closed lid container instead of an open air laundry basket, and clean laundry will remain in a closed cabinet.
- An air purifier will run continuously to circulate the air, in an effort to reduce potential contaminants within the closed environment, and from residual products from additional cleaning measures.
- Online scheduling and prepayment options are available online, if clients would like to have a contact-less checkout and re-booking process. Otherwise, contact surfaces involved in the checkout process will be sanitized before and after client use.
- Clients that experience symptoms or test positive for COVID-19 within 2 weeks after a massage visit, should report those changes to Serene Strength Massage, so that measures can be taken to ensure the safety of other clients.
- As always, all appointments must be scheduled, no walk-ins are allowed.
Remember The Sign above the door will say “Optimum Performance Physical Therapy” instead of “Serene Strength Massage” but do not worry, that still means you are in the right place!
You will need to fill out the online intake form before your visit, if you did not receive an email for the intake form, contact Allison at (515)446-8115 or by email at Allison@serenestrengthmassage.com and she can resend an email to you. Per COVID-19 Changes, your intake form will need to be re-signed and updated before every visit, to ensure the safety of all. A link will be emailed to you the day before your next visit, to allow you to update your waiver form and agree to the covid-19 statements.
Due to recent changes, this is what you can expect during your visit:
You will need to wear a mask during your visit. I ask that you arrive no sooner that 5 min before your scheduled visit. Please, wait in your car until 5 min before your scheduled time, in the event that you arrive early. Extra sanitation measures will take place during the checkout process and in between clients, and additional time is blocked between clients to prevent contact.
When you first enter the office, please go directly to the restrooms (located on the left side of the office, towards the middle) and wash your hands and forearms with soap and water for 30 seconds, before taking a seat in the lobby. I will greet you and take your temperature (touch free) before beginning your session, and if your temperature is 100F or above, your massage will have to be cancelled (but at no charge to you). We will discuss the goals for your session, and any restrictions you may have.
Then I will exit the room to re-wash my arms and hands, while allowing you time to change for the session. Remove all jewlery and undress to your comfort level, before getting under the sheets on the massage table and wait for my return. You will remain professionally draped at all times during the session, as is required.
If you do not want to be draped then you will be required to wear athletic wear that will adequately cover you, ex. sports bra and athletic shorts. Boxers and other undergarments (besides sports bras) will not qualify as adequate apparel. At the end of your session, I will exit the room to allow you to redress while I re-wash my hands and arms. When you have finished dressing, you should open the door and wait for me to return. Payments will be processed at this time, questions about your session will be addressed, as well as, any rebooking needs.
Similar to booking a hotel, where you put a card on file to hold your room reservation; we have our clients reserve their room for a massage appointment. This ensures that our customers respect our time and make sure to cancel or rebook their appointments in the event they need to change them, with at least 24 hour’s notice of their visit. It allows us to have time to hopefully find another client to fill that opening, so that we do not suffer a loss. This card can be completely separate from the method of payment you want to use on the day of your visit, as we will only ever use the card you place on file, in the event that you violate the cancellation policy.
If you think you have completed the online booking process (and put a payment card on file to reserve your appointment) then in about 15-30 minutes you should receive a confirmation email with details for your appointment. Read over the email, to c onfirm that the date and time of your visit is correct and if you have any questions please contact Allison. If you have waited adequate time, but have not received your confirmation email, AND have checked your spam folder, then contact Allison to let her know that you have not received confirmation. She will correct the issue to ensure that your visit is scheduled. If you do not receive a separate email with a link to complete the online intake form, please contact Allison at (515)446-8115 or by email at Allison@serenestrengthmassage.com and she can resend an email to you. As the intake form needs to be completed prior to your visit, and per COVID-19 changes, it needs to be updated and re-signed before each visit.
24 hour advance notice is required when cancelling an appointment. This allows the opportunity for someone else to schedule an appointment. If you are unable to give us 24 hours advance notice you will be charged the full amount of your appointment. This amount must be paid prior to your next scheduled appointment. There are exceptions to this policy, per COVID-19 Changes.
Yes! Serene Strength Massage now sells EGift cards through Square, which can be easily purchased online. All you have to do is enter your name and email, the name of the recipient and their email, then you can complete a personalized message. You can choose to send it instantly or set it to send at a future date (so you can plan ahead for for holidays or birthdays). You can send one in the preset amounts, or send a card for a custom amount. It’s that easy! Just follow this link.
30 min massage session- $45
45 min massage session- $60
60 min massage session- $75
75 min massage session- $90
90 min massage session- $105
Typical hours of operation are Monday, Thursday, Friday 8:00 AM – 5:45 PM, Tuesdays 8:00am-7pm and Wednesdays from 11:00 AM-5pm. Sometimes additional hours for appointments can be made available, upon request.
Serene Strength Massage is located within Optimum Performance Physical Therapy, at 3354 100th Street, Urbandale, IA 50322. So, when you come for your visit, look for Optimum Performance Signage above the door. The office is a few doors down from Signarama and Mattress Firm.
If you book through phone call/text or email, you can just mention the code that you were given. If you book online, you just need to make a note in the scheduler, to mention your referral code/discount. In either scenario, I apologize that the discount will not be reflected in the automated confirmation email that you receive. My scheduler doesn’t have a function for that, but I promise that the pricing will be adjusted in person, when checking out on the day of your visit. You will never be charged before your visit, so you do not need to worry about the price listed in your confirmation email.
24 hour advance notice is required when cancelling an appointment. This allows the opportunity for someone else to schedule an appointment. If you are unable to give us 24 hours advance notice you will be charged the full amount of your appointment. This amount must be paid prior to your next scheduled appointment.
Anyone who either forgets or consciously chooses to forgo their appointment for whatever reason will be considered a “no-show.” They will be charged for their “missed” appointment.
If you arrive late, your session may be shortened in order to accommodate others whose appointments follow yours. Depending upon how late you arrive, your therapist will then determine if there is enough time remaining to start a treatment. Regardless of the length of the treatment actually given, you will be responsible for the “full” session. Out of respect and consideration to your therapist and other customers, please plan accordingly and be on time.